Sunday, January 6, 2008

New Job!

Yes, I have a new job. I am going to be the HR Manager for a Marketing firm that is based in London. I will handle the US operations for them (about 80 people in all) It seems like a great place so far. The people are nice, it's laid-back, they drink during the day and have fun. Just what I was looking for. And, it's not public. YAY! I really wanted to get out of the public company arena. And, no more working with engineers. Not that engineers are inherently bad, just a lot of them really lack in the social skills arena! This job should be much more fun.

It was weird to leave my old job after 5 years there. Thankfully I left under good terms, my boss said I was always welcome to come back (which is nice to hear!) and I didn't burn any bridges! That's a good thing. It was very odd closing the door for the last time. very odd indeed.

I start my new gig on Tuesday. Tomorrow we are going to get K a passport because part of this job will involve travel to London a couple times a year and Mike and K will join me for at least one of those trips. Our plan is to add on a week of vacation after a business trip so we can vacation somewhere in Europe. Did I mention that a major benefit of this job is the time off? I start with 4 weeks of vacation, 12 holidays and 10 sick days. Awesome!!

No comments: