Saturday, October 11, 2008

Starting up again


It's so hard to keep this up, but I so want to. There are so many things in Miss K's life that I want to remember...and if I don't write them down I know I won't, so here I am. I have been slacking, and I am sure I will slack again, but this is an attempt.
Kaelyn is wonderful. Amazing. The light of our lives. I am constantly amazed that she is MY little girl. How did I get so lucky? She is smart, and funny, and beautiful... she is a miracle. 
She loves ballet, macaroni & cheese, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, dresses that "twirl out", ice, fuzzy crocs, dill pickles, bubble baths, gymnastics, movies of herself, jumping on daddy, books. She has inherited my tendency to be cold all the time and tends to wear a jacket all day. She has a wonderful sense of humor, although we are trying desperately to teach her a new joke since the only one she knows is a horrible knock-knock joke about an orange and a banana. 
Her imagination is vivid to put it mildly. Lately she has been telling us that she is going to turn her car into an airplane and on a vacation with her friends. We told her she needed to wait until she was 12 to do that, she did not appreciate that very much.
All in all, life is good. Mike and I are working too much...but there may be a light at the end of the tunnel there for both of us. 
If nothing else, there is vacation to look forward to, we are headed to Mexico in 6 weeks, so that is a shining light! 



1 comment:

Katie Alender said...

Hi, Chelsea! Good to "see" you! Kaelyn sounds adorable.