Monday, October 1, 2007

Between me and you

http://www.sanddunebooks.com/

Winston Simmonds Jr. is President/Founder of Sand Dune Publishing Company and actually created the
Between Me and You™ Relationship Keepsake Journal series as a result of his own desire to have
something truly personal and meaningful from his parents. The very enthusiastic response he received
from his family after presenting them with his original hand-made question/answer journals as well as
the enthusiasm of friends as he recounted his journal experience, helped lead to the realization that
there are many people who are seeking more meaningful interactions with family and friends.
The Between Me and You™
series offers a helpful way to initiate that interaction.
"I just wanted to share this unique journal idea to help us all get a little closer to the people
we care about while having fun at the same time."


Cool idea, yes? No. Good lord, I don't want that much information about my family! I want to remain in the blissful fog I am currently in believing that there is some semblance of sanity in it. If I got answers to all of these questions... that fog would be lifted and I would be faced with the reality that these people I call my family are INSANE! Don't get me wrong, I already and fully aware of that fact, on the inside... but I put blinders on and pretend that grandpa and grandma being in love with each other 40 30 years after their divorce and subsequent marriage to other people was somehow normal. (really...they still made goo-goo eyes at each other every time they saw each other until my grandmother died, it was just weird)

So... bottom line. I prefer to make up my own reality about my dysfunctional family. I don't need any truth seeping in.

No comments: